Field Sales Representative, Eastern Ontario
Responsible for maximizing volume and share and to enhance the company’s position for future growth through sales to retail stores in the province. Critical to the success of the role is implementing tools and programs as discussed with the Regional Manager and Ontario retail team.
This is a remote position where the successful candidate will be required to travel to retail sites. The salary offered is $65,000 - $75,000, based on experience. There is also a 25% variable pay potential, based on the achievement of targets. We offer a $1000 per month car allowance, plus gas reimbursement, unlimited vacation, RRSP matching and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Develop strong relationships with cannabis retail teams – budtenders, store managers and inventory managers.
- Create a strategic routing based on assigned stores in a sales territory that aligns with objectives, market priorities and volume opportunities.
- Achieve distribution, visibility, and budtender recommendation objectives, that ladder up to overall sales and market share targets.
- Build and deliver presentations and use effective selling techniques to introduce products, features and benefits and educate store staff.
- Utilize CRM software to keep accurate records for contact management and use best practices for route planning, call frequency and tracking performance against objective.
- Leverage distribution and provincial data to identify gaps and opportunities within a sales territory.
- Negotiate and activate merchandising programs for retail partners.
- Work collaboratively with the Ontario retail team to create a strategy to maximize reach, store impact and prioritize high volume and potential accounts.
- Filter market opportunities and competitive insights to Sales Manager, Corporate Accounts and Ontario retail team on monthly call frequency.
- Responsible to Provincial Sales Manager for activities and results in the region.
- Keep accurate records in CRM system including key contacts, the decision makers and key relationships.
- Train and educate the retailer staff personnel.
- Make field calls and track activities in each account.
- Prepare and submit weekly reporting to management summarizing results against objectives.
- Track and report on inventory (own and competitive).
- Implement ongoing programming and product specific focus tools at retailers
- Analyze needs of retail stores and teams and develop solutions.
- Collaborate with retailers to implement sales floor displays to ensure Organigram products are maximized on shelf.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years' retail sales experience, preferably in the cannabis, alcohol or pharma industry.
- Knowledge of cannabis market and trends considered an asset.
- Results-driven mindset, with an ability to develop solutions and strategy around given objectives.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to create relationships with retail staff and decision makers.
- Comfortable analyzing data and leveraging sales tools to create a powerful portfolio selling story, becoming a customer preferred resource at retail.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Valid drivers license required.
Leading Canadian licensed producer of high-quality medical and recreational cannabis.